Friday, May 05, 2006

Proof of a Schmuck

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

This is what happened last Tuesday night:

It was 2:30am of Wednesday and I was sobering up at a friend's pad from the high of finally getting to watch Urbandub live (which was actually disappointing because they didn't sound as well as they do recorded) when my phone rang to an unregistered number's call. I never answer anonymous phone calls so I cancelled it and sent an SMS instead. Holy cow, it turned out to be someone I've lost touch with over the past months and has been trying to get in touch with since my handydandy mo' phone crashed (for those who has read my previous blog, he's my geeky Peter Pan. But don't get all excited yet). He has just read my offline message with my number. So... he had a 4am appointment at Commonwealth and was looking for ways to kill time. Since two of the friends I was with live at Commonwealth, the plan was to meet up at Timog, then he'd drop me off at Pasig before going straight to Commonwealth to drop my friends off and attend his meeting.

Everything was going well... Back with our friendly banter and ridiculing our state of unrelationship... Until my stupid mouth took the stage again. We were on EDSA when out of the blue (and for reasons I really cannot remember), I blurted, "Kupal ka kase". It's almost part of my social convention, really... that expression. Kupal, as some of you may know, when translated to English is Schmuck. Schmuck, as some of you may know, is not a very pleasant term. He fell uncomfortably quiet, pulled over and made me get out of the car. Initially, I laughed it off and waved it as a joke... We were in the middle of the highway three hours from sunrise, for chrissakes! He couldn't have been serious, could he? Well, he was.

I coughed my apologies and tried to lift the atmosphere with my cutesy-patutesy strategies. I never could breathe when placed in awkward serious situations. When he pulled over at the nearest gas station and asked, "You think you're gonna be okay here?", I got off without blinking an eye and banged the door shut. What a schmuck.

Two points of experience added to my book of firsts.

11 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger abi said...

ako, last tuesday ng madaling araw.. walked from rembrandt to roces (along morato ako naglakad) bare foot.

cguro na offend sya coz somehow alam niya na totoo.. joke.. eehehe.. if you called him kupal because he really did not make a move to make the unrelationship a relationship, malamang nga natamaan sya.. ehehhe.. i'm just assuming things here.. so don't mind me.. ^_^

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger igdeguzman said...

bwahahaha

shet na-imaigine kong face mo nung pinalalabas k ng car!!

parang sitcome-live!!!

ayus apir tawa nalang bwahaha...

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honga pala, i replied to your comment sa blog ko.. ^_^

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Editor said...

i've also heard that "kupal" is the tagalog slang for smegma.

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the!


--
whoever this new guy is.. he better be a MAN this time :D

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He left you at a gas station 3 hours before sunrise??

Poor little Floi :s

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger she said...

WTF???!!! he's so mean..

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger she said...

this is my new url btw

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Ketch Pablo said...

abi, baket barefoot?! weird ka hihi. gaga. ^_^

ayj, yes. i'm looking at a career in comedy now. ^_^

jumper, yeap that's right.

kassy, i guess we just have to accept that boys never really grow into men. =)

anonymous, poor little HIM! ^_^

she, it's actually okeiii for him to be mean. He's my meantime boy anyway. ^_^ i'll update my links soon...

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger KAI said...

Whatta manbitch!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger iya+jan=lurv said...

amp. pikon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home