Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Shut up. Just shut up.

One irritatingly permanent part of living in our world is people who talk as if the whole world were interested in what they had for lunch, or what an asshole their boss is, or that their freaking slut of a sister is pregnant again. Last night, I was on my way to the South for a wake and this lady was just yakking up a whole sad storm about how rough she was having it with the father of her son. I mean, I emphatize and all... but I just really don't want to hear about it. I have my own bitter angst-ridden thoughts to stew on, thank you very much.

I couldn't stop myself from blurting out, Weren't you talking about the same thing in the same car going to the same destination last week?

She just laughed and said, Aren't you and I so the same? Aren't women like this? We need to go on and on and on about our woes until we've expelled them from our system.

Whoa there lady, you've been telling everyone you see yourself in me but God forbid I grow old like you. And no, I don't just blurt out my negativity anywhere to anyone.

My point being, when you're in a public place... people just don't need to hear about it. Let's respect each other, people! If not each other, ourselves at least. That lady last night, if only I didn't think that she's already having a hard enough time, would've gotten a mouthful from me about properly sharing public space. Yeah, yeah, let's hear about freedom of speech and being in a private enough Pajero but let's please consider the well being of each other first. Thank you.

I'm not a bad listener. In fact, I listen so well and with such intent. But that lady simply doesn't know how to put a sock in it.

And no, I'm not doing well. But I'm getting there. I know in time you'll be out of my mind. In time.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger igdeguzman said...

ah to ba ung comment mo sakin? tpos andun cya? sayang sana isinama mo na dun sa casket [ay shet ang bad ko]

sorry sorry...

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! sana kumuha ka ng tape, tinape mo yung bibig... naalala ko blockmate ko nun college, imagine every sem kwento nya buhay nya sa prof.. 4 damn years ko narinig kwento nya. grrrrrrr!
link mo na ako ulit floi..:)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ketch Pablo said...

ayj, syempre hinde noh. you have the license to rant to me. fwend kita eh. =)

ish, nakuuuu! kung meron lang ako mahagilap na tape nun!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

daan daan lang po! have a nice holy week! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home