Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bounced

The necrological rites... was the best thing that happened to me. Seeing everyone there, and being around everyone. Hearing the eulogies and watching these allegedly tough men weep for one of their own. It was so touching that the pain just faded...

I was reminded of the bigger role we play in each other's lives and I was overwhelmed with happiness. Yes, I will miss everything we did and shared. I will be jealous of the next girl/s you will have on your bed and in your life. But they... should be more jealous of me. Because as opposed to what I wrongfully claimed before, I am NOT dispensable from your life. We are practically married to each other... we are part of each other's lives even after death.

And with that, I saw where you were coming from... And what you were driving at. And I am so damn proud of you because you ARE becoming all that is good and noble in man. All those late night talks made their way to your heart, and that is more than enough consolation to me. At the same time, what you did made me a better woman with a higher regard to herself who deserves better than anything she has to beg for. Thank you.

I am the girl you truly love and respect and could never hurt. I am the silver tint in your clouds of doubts. Nobody else but me. What more need I ask for?

It's funny how our emotions and egos get the better of us, drowning every drop of logic and sensibility and principles. We insist on our personal wants under the mask of selflessness. I'm sorry I had to put you in a tough position. But I'm not sorry we happened. I grew up. I can carry on.

Let's start over again. This time let's do it right. No more hormones and chemistry shit to boggle our minds. I look forward to shaking your hand, kissing your cheek, hugging you tight, giving you your dose of happy happy floi floi pill and being called your beloved.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww :) *clap clap* cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home