Thursday, May 18, 2006

Over You. Somehow.

I missed Frisbee two weeks in a row. Weh. Ningas Cogon habit never left my system. Last week, I decided not to play at the last minute because I nursed my nasty bruise and scrapes from the previous week. Last night, I was just stuck in traffic.

My bruise and scrapes are all healed now. And so is my heart.

Forget regret or life is yours to miss. I've been a proud little girl who has always taken credit in not giving regret any effort. Yes, throw caution and regret to the wind. Would I rather have had flawless knees than play frisbee? Never. It was funn. I was happy while at it. The bruise and scrapes are a small price in exchange for the memories I've made.

The same goes for my heart. Although, there is still that silent ache everytime I'm reminded of you which is from the very first to the very last moments of my consciousness.

I miss you and watching you hit those drums with such intensity and passion and driving up north at the wee hours of the morning and texting you about nothing and talking to you on the phone till I could no longer stay awake and pretending to be asleep while you fill yourself with siopao and... well, that's mostly all I remember about you. Because... I easily forget all that is worth forgetting.

Mister Joe thinks cutting my hair this short is a form of rebellion. But really, I consider it an effective diversion. Of all the things I lost, I miss my hair most. Yes, my long soft straight hair. Thank you Sunsilk and Cream Silk. Oh, and my money. God, I miss my money.

Yo, Gaiman got it right. But instead of events, I'd say problems. Problems are cowards; they don't attack singly. They always come in packs.

9 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger igdeguzman said...

i hear frisbee trims your body pretty good...sama naman ako jan hehe...please? :D

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger she said...

good luck sa puso mo :)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger JS said...

hehe effective diversion pla yun

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

neverwhere, huh? ^^
as they say, there's nowhere to go but up up up! good luck :)

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Floi,
Frisbee. Hmmm.Ü I sorta went out with this ultimate frisbee dude. Share.Ü I think your 'do looks good on you. I was just shocked when I saw it really short. I have this thinking that girls with long hair love their hair long, and when they suddenly decide to cut it really short, most of the time there is a problem or something like that. But don't worry, you look just great.Ü When you have that beer money, just message Joe and I and let's drink away.

Happy Weekend,
::russ::

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger KAI said...

I've once heard that cutting your hair somehow deals with depression. It has always been right for me, and I guess, I'm not alone. If I were only there, I'd grab you for a drink or two. Mukhang kailangan natin. Hehe.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger abi said...

Sabi nila a trip to the salon or the spa means you're trying to get over something.. minsan unconciously.. cguro it's because we opt for a change.. anyways.. si floi short hair?? pictures!!! ^_^

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

makolesterol pala ang balat ng manok.

mardk

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Ketch Pablo said...

ayj, go go! what's stopping you? =)

she, maraming salamat. =)

joel, kitams. happy na ko ulet.

iya, up up it is. ^_^

russ, i sure will. =)

vodkai, kelan ka ba punta dito??? Di lang drink or two kinailangan ko, mga isang case hihi. But I'm very well now. =)

mardk, eh ano ngayon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home