Saturday, May 27, 2006

Movie Sequences

It was TGIF with a couple of the hot chick bloggers. Imagine typical random ladies' conversations. Mega chismax galore.

We kicked the night off at a very busy and overcrowded coffee shop in one of the busiest and crowdiest places to be at on a Friday night. We were chattering away, blending with the chatter around when the identity of my rebound boy slipped.

Tiepee and Tins screamed their disbelief in chorus. Backspace screamed. They screeched! You know, high piercing cries only crazy little girls can produce. The whole coffee shop fell silent and I felt all eyes on us. I almost fell off my chair laughing.

I imagined David Aames in Vanilla Sky when he confronted the tech support in a bar in his lucid dreams. Talk about a show stopper.

+++++++++++++++++++++

My new flat is on the fourth floor of a five-storey building. There is no elevator and my unit is first on the right at the top of the stairs, the unit number hidden from sight.

Since we moved in, there has been a handful of times when I mistakenly thought Unit E was home because seeing Unit H makes me subconsciously think the unit across it is mine. It's not. Mine's on the next floor.

I went to the store downstairs to buy cigs and ice-cold Coke (my fail-proof cure to a hangover) and was preoccupied with singing Urbandub's Endless, A Silent Whisper in my head as I went back up. When I opened the door to what I thought was my pad, I was aghast to find a different set of furniture and a pair of strange stunned faces staring at me. Haha. I entered Unit E.

I blurted my apologies and ran up the last flight of stairs laughing like there's no tomorrow.

Then, I realized that going home to the house next door like what happened to Robert Downey, Jr. in one of his cracked up nights is not much of an exaggeration. And I wasn't even on any substance when it happened to me.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems like ur neighbor will have a hard time forgetting you. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home