Thursday, May 25, 2006

Akala mo ikaw lang nagpagupit

The killer line. Rawr. I wanted to pound the guy to pieces the moment he smiled after the last syllable slipped from his lips. Apparently, his insensitive intruding mouth pushed my buttons again. He must thank his gods I've had my toxin fix already lest he'd have borrowed a face from a dog.

I've been you-free for a good couple of weeks now. I had to sever some ties just so I won't have to reluctantly hear any news about you. You don't want me in your life so I don't want you in mine and I don't give a crap. Besides, I'm doing just fine, getting along very well without you in my life. Why ruin such a fascinating recovery?

A rebound is always a good thing. Wasn't I yours?

It's a vicious cycle, our story is. She left you, you used me, you left me and I'm using him. That song by Glenn Frey has never had more meaning to me than it does now. It used to be just a song I liked to refer to as "Pangromansa" with its lovely saxophone intro.

Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you
Or are you goin' back to the one you love?
Someone's gonna cry when they know they've lost you
Someone's gonna thank the stars above


I'm staying with the one who loves me. Or pretends to love me. Pretension is sometimes more acceptable than the truth. At least, pretension saves me from pain. What's the point of staying with someone you love, anyway? When the feeling has become obvious to be not mutual. Yes, the hollow hope for rekindled sparks.

The whole fucking wait is spent on that. How the hell else do we move on, for chrissake.

It's utterly a pity to mourn for something longer than its existence.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

asteeg! go gurl...
i definitely agree..Ü

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop posting about him or anything for him.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha!!!

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget it!!!! ENJOY! do ur normal stuff... life is short. happyyy....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home