Thursday, July 20, 2006

Shifting to 120

About three months ago, I thought I was in the most intense transpo accident I could ever be. Boy, was I wrong.

Last Wednesday, or Thursday morning rather, around 3AM, I finally learned my lesson: NEVER dare a driver to go faster than he is running. So, we were on EDSA, right about meters past the spot where that schmuck kicked me out of the car, when Melvir reminded Karlo to go easy on the driving. Me and my devil's tongue replied with a "Huh?! Wala pa nga yan eh... Di pa nga siento-bente eh." With that, Karlo overtook the L300 in front, or that is, tried to overtake. We hit the L300, then got sideswept to a cargo van.

The car stopped spinning perpendicular to the road, in the middle lane. I was fucking literally shaking! Minutes later, the cops and media came. Woohoo. The car I was riding was shown on TV Patrol. It was described as "3 sasakyan, nagkarambola sa EDSA." And I have not the slightest idea what karambola means. Haha.

It's different when you're sober and alert as an owl. You get to see, hear and feel everything. It was goddamn Grand Theft Auto in Rialto! Thank God Melvir was there. He wrapped his arms around me right before the first hit. And that made such a huge difference from the first car crash.

Say hello to me: The car crash magnet.

3 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Blogger KAI said...

Oh dear, that's why I NEVER intended to drive in the Philippines. Kaw kasi e, yan tuloy. Haha, kidding. I'm glad you came back home with all your fingers complete.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger feedalvin said...

Karambola is a pool term right? Pag pinapatama mo yung object ball sa isa pang bola para yun yung mahulog sa butas.

I'm never letting you ride with me Floi.. Pagtawanan mo lang yung sitenta ko :))

On the other hand, thank the cosmic beings you're safe.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Floi, now ko lang nabasa. thank God ur okay..:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home