Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Maybe for you

It was one of our Should-I-or-Should-he nights when I willfully crawled back into my shell and used my age-old defense from having my heart crushed and from being unforgivably embarrassed. We were lying there, waiting for the next scene of our own little soap opera although it was too obvious to be overlooked. We found ourselves involuntarily talking about a subject too sensitive for us to discuss but it was where our conversation led us... Too sensitive because, apparently or so I thought, we are living it by example... Coitus without emotional attachments.

I said, It's possible and almost too easy, actually.
You said, Maybe for you.

I bit my tongue but screamed in my head with such conviction and rage. Maybe for me?! Maybe for me?! MAYBE FOR ME?!

How about YOU?! You and all those girls that you've lost count of. You and that fugly girl that turned me off so casually that I survived a night beside you without touch. You and her and her and her and me. You and me. You and me.

By that, did you mean to tell me that what we do is more than what it really is? Am I not the only one in this arrangement thanking emotional constipation for aiding me to carry on?

Yes or no. Please don't tell me maybe.

Edit:

It only entered my mind now that by your maybe for you remark, you meant other girls and me. Your acceptance of being what you are is proof that... you are what you are.

03262005 0615

4 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, you've become a rather typical girl haven't you...

alas, men will be the bane of women, and women of men.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ketch Pablo said...

when you've been single for too long and you find someone worth holding on to, it won't matter if he turns you into typical... as long as... pffft.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger igdeguzman said...

hala papatayuan nb kita ng monumento?

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Ketch Pablo said...

a martyr i am not, my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home