Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Today marks my 2nd year at work. Oh wow, a year ago, I was planning to resign. A year later, I still haven't resigned and I'm more bitter and harassed than ever. Which made me think...

My job is much like relationships. They're funn in the beginning. You learn a lot and you love a lot more. After a while, something just snaps and everything goes haywire. You try to fix it... You hope and pray so fucking hard that it will get better. But it doesn't and you can't do anything more but kick yourself in the tush for fooling yourself. Dimwit.

You console yourself with the idea of loyalty. Loyalty - sticking with your commitments through the highs and the lows. Crap. All crap. Your commitments have left you high and dry long before you realized it.

For 2006, I resolved to quit making the same damn mistakes in my life. Why does everything feel oh-so-reminiscent?

Someone needs to spank me in the mouth everytime I say gago. I've been saying it too much lately.

5 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loyalty - sticking with your commitments through the highs and the lows. Crap. All crap.

I guess you have to ask yourself why you want to be loyal, why you would want to suffer the lows and rejoice the highs. Maybe the highs outweigh the lows?

Ack. Too serious. Must purge self.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger igdeguzman said...

hi... :)

welcome back >:D<

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't leave me high~
don't leave me dry~

-invincible DotA boy

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Floi,
It's so nice to have you back!Ü Second year at work, wow. Congratulations. I think I know what you're talking about. I love my job, but there were those few times that I wanted to go somewhere and do something else, but then you're right -- here comes loyalty. Hehe. I love the projects am handling and I know that the projects need me. :D Joe's told me that he saw you in Saguijo this one time. Too bad, I didn't go with them that time. But then, if you go there and we frequent that place I guess I'll see you around.

Happy Thursday!Ü

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Ketch Pablo said...

iya, oh. i really have no idea. =/

ay-gee, thanks. glad to be back. =)

invincible DotA boy, you're like a copy of a lyric magazine.

russ, yeap. hope to see you soon again. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home