Saturday, August 21, 2010

I see your true colors shining through

And I bet if lies had colors, they would exactly be of the same hues.

Amazing how love clouds our eyes from seeing the truth. But that doesn't mean I love love any less. I guess that's where the beauty of it all is. Everything I've been through has made me too awesome to be jaded anymore.

I woke up, and my imagination craved for a book. So I opened one of my dusty boxes and chose The Reader. From it fell a Christmas note from a former colleague wishing me well with my then-new squeeze. Ah... our first December 25th together. The day you told me you got your ex pregnant that's why you can't keep it up despite all the party favors. Remember? I truly hope you are performing better now. For your sake. I know I am. Just ask him and him. Tee-hee.

In 5 years, I'd officially be a cougar. Unless in God's good graces, some impressive dude meets my lofty expectations. I vow never to settle again. If you found her and you two are Über perfect together, I'm sure that guy on the same level as I am would find me too and we would color each other's life with the stuff that Crayola came up with.

I wonder when I'd get around to getting that rainbow tattoo on my right foot. Not that I'm not colorful enough as I am. I just want to. Because there's no one who can stop me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home